Saturday, November 3, 2012

League Pass Diaries: 11/2/12

Yesterday I drove down to Richmond to watch my brothers last collegiate soccer game so I wasn't able to watch the plethora of games yesterday, but around 10:30 my phone started to blow up over something.  It turns out that something was the game I decided to watch the replay of.

Houston vs. Atlanta: I had to watch the encore performance from Sir Jamison Harden and he did not disappoint.  Harden, with the ball in his hand might be the best player in the league.  With the exception of some careless turnovers, Harden again, played a magnificent offensive game.  Don't read into the 2 assists, he was distributing the ball, evidenced by Harden only taking 19 shots.  Harden's ability to get to the free throw line has carried over from his 4th quarter days in OKC.  He does that Tim Duncan/Kevin Durant thing on drives where he brings his arms up under the defenders than proceeds to go through his motion. The reason I can't vault him to the top tier is he's somewhat average when he doesn't have the ball.  He's a lazy defender and he's not to active off the ball (perhaps this has to do with a new team).  Nevertheless, Harden is must see League Pass at the moment.  Asik had another strong game doing his defense and rebounds thing.  If I'm Houston I'm looking for one more offensive player to shoulder the load.  Right now Lin is the de-facto 2nd option and that's not a good thing.  Teams know Lin's game now and he's not making those tough shots in the lane he was making in NY.  Atlanta, on the other hand looked very unimpressive.  I like Josh Smith and Horford, but you're not winning games if they're your top two options.  Lou Williams came off the bench and provided energy and scoring, but he was still inefficient as usual.

Tonight should be good.




No comments:

Post a Comment