Thursday, November 15, 2012

League Pass Diaries: 11/15/12

Pistons vs. Sixers: 7 o'clock games usually suck, and you don't have much choice for games.  I'm not going to front, after 10 minutes I turned on Wisconsin vs. Florida, because this game is ridiculously bad.  I noticed a few games ago that the Sixers are digressing.  They're truly bad at this point.  I gave Greg Monroe a second chance.  I wasn't a big fan of his coming out of college, and I haven't tried to watch Piston games much recently, but all accounts said he was a piece to build around, and that he was one of the most underrated big men in the league.  Well after watching 4 or 5 too many Piston games, I can still strongly disagree with the notion that Greg Monroe is a good player.  My biggest issue is he can't finish.  He looks strong and coordinated, but when he is trying to score in traffic, he might as well be 6'2. 
 
Jazz vs. Celtics: I've gone on long enough about the crowded Jazz front court.   I came to an epiphany last night when it comes to the best PG in the league debate.  I've always copped out on this question, by saying - it depends on the other 4 guys on the floor, but the question posed to me was - who would you start a team with.  Well, my answer is Rondo.  Rondo impacts the game every single possible way, and the missing piece to his game - shooting, looks like it's not so much a weakness this year. 

New Orleans vs. Houston: The beard looked like he had his swagger back today.  James was definitely in a funk for a few games, maybe getting used to the new system, but he was great again last night.  However, they were playing the Hornets, and most of those points came on Austin Rivers, who still doesn't have a strength to his game yet.  Austin is struggling to shoot, defend, create, you name it.  He's having a rough year, and I haven't even seen a flash of brilliance, unlike Brad Beal or Dion Waiters.  He's been given every bit of the opportunity, but the man who has seized upon it is Grievas Vasquez, perhaps better known as the best player on the New Orleans Hornets. 
 
Memphis vs. OKC: There are a few teams in this league who are beginning to separate themselves from the pack.  We all assumed OKC would be this team, but nope....it's Memphis.  Along with the Clippers, Heat, and Knicks, those four teams are a head above the rest of the league right now.  I really think OKC has taken a step back this year, because of the trade.  Kevin Martin has been decent, although not in this game, but what OKC really misses is another creator.  Westbrook can create, but more for himself and he's a little wacky.  Durant is mostly creating for himself, if he can even get himself open (to me his biggest weakness).  Memphis on the other hand just kills teams with Gasol and Randolph.  Those two make the game easier for everyone else, because they command so much attention close to the basket.  This team just needs some better floor spacers. 
 
Miami vs LA Clippers: I only stayed up for the first half, which is pathetic, because these two teams have shown the most through the early part of the season.  Because, I didn't see the 2nd half I can only comment on how good Eric Bledsoe looks when he gets minutes, and I will introduce the thought that perhaps Miami needs to not be married to small ball.  They still do have Joel Anthony, fat boy, and Haslem.  They could match up to bigger teams if they wanted to, but maybe that's not their concern this early in the season. 

No comments:

Post a Comment